Key Questions to Plan to Grow Your Network of Great Thinkers
People often ask Gerald “Solutionman” Haman how he developed one of the largest networks of innovative thinkers in the world. Over 1,000,000 people belong to Haman’s Top 50 Linkedin Groups and he has 30,000 1st Level Connections on Linkedin. He is continually optimizing his network by adding new connections every week. He frees up space for new connections by disconnecting from a few current connections on Linkedin that are no longer relevant to his networking goals.
FAST Company magazine’s Influence Project ranked Solutionman as one of the most influential people online. Now you can learn how Haman created his network by thinking about the following 38 questions. These questions will help people think about who they know or should know.
For simplicity and clarity, Gerald has created a list of 38 Great Networking Question to help networkers think through strategies and tactics for connecting with the right people at the right time. The following questions are organized into the 5Ws and H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How. Plan to invest 30-60 minutes to brainstorm answers to the questions and record ideas to build your networking plan.
WHO You Know
1. Who do you know?
2. Who knows you?
3. Who knows who you know?
4. Who do you need or want to meet?
5. Who do you not know?
6. Who knows how well you know the people you know?
7. Who do you know that other people should know?
8. Who do you want or need to know the people you know?
WHAT You Know
9. What do you know?
10. What do you not know?
11. What do the people you know?
12. What do the people you know know?
13. What’s on your mind? (inspired by Facebook)
14. What do you want to post? (inspired by Linkedin)
15. What are you watching? (inspired by YouTube)
16. What's going on? (inspired by Twitter)
17. What do you find interesting? (inspired by Pinterest)
18. What are you listening to? (inspired by Spotify)
19. What’s your story? (inspired by Instagram and Snapchat)
WHEN You Know
20. When did you learn what you know?
21. When did you meet the people you know?
22. When can you connect with the people you know?
23. When can you connect with the people you need to know?
WHERE You Know
24. Where can you go to know?
25. Where are the people you know?
26. Where are the people you need to know?
27. Where can you connect with the people you know?
28. Where can you connect with the people you need to know?
WHY You Know
29. Why do you know the people you know?
30. Why do you need to meet people?
31. Why don't you know the people you need to know?
32. Why should people know you?
33. Why should people know who you know?
HOW You Know
34. How do you know the people you know?
35. How well do you know the people you know?
36. How can you connect with the people you know?
37. How can you connect with the people you need to know?
38. How do you know who you don't know?
Grow Your Network by Joining Our Top 50 Linkedin Groups